I did class the Lib Dems as a main party, but they don’t tempt you with what your money buys so aren’t included below.
So here’s what you get:
- Labour: £5 – Leaflets for two streets
- Labour: £10 – Window posters for 150 houses
- Labour: £25 – 250 campaign balloons
- Conservative: £30 1,000 campaign leaflets
- Labour: £50 – Leaflets for twenty streets
- Conservative: £50 200 personalised letters
- Conservative: £75 200 welcome packs to new home owners
- Labour: £100 – 2000 text messages
- Conservative: £365 Telephone canvassing 2000 people
- Labour: £250 – Phone calls to five streets of voters
- Labour: £500 – Direct mail to 2000 voters
- Conservative: £600 – 1500 newsletters. An annual donation also entitles you to join Party Patron’s Donor Club
- Labour: £1200 – Entitles you to join Thousand Club
- Conservative donation page: www.conservatives.com/Donate.aspx
- Labour donation page: https://www.labour.org.uk/donate/
For further comparison, here’s what similar amounts of money can buy if given to the Red Cross (other charities in need are also available):
- £25 could provide ten mosquito nets.
- £40 could buy rice for one person for over three months.
- £80 could help twenty people by providing feed for their animals.